Skip to main content

I Trust God: Trusting God With My Being, Belongings, and Battles

 

I Trust God

Trusting God With My Being, My Belongings, and My Battles

"Return, children of Israel, to the One you have greatly rejected and revolted against." – Isaiah 31:6

   Trusting God is fundamentally based on relationship. It is possible to believe in God without fully learning how to trust God. Belief acknowledges who God is, but trust goes deeper. Trust says, "I know who God is, and because I know Him, I can depend on Him even when I do not understand what is happening."

   Scripture teaches us that when we confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord and believe in our hearts that God raised Him from the dead, we experience salvation. Believing is one dimension of our relationship with God, but trusting God involves learning to depend upon Him in every dimension of life.

   Trusting God means knowing that all is well because God is present, even when the situation does not look well. It means trusting Him regardless of what circumstances look like, what circumstances sound like, or what fears may arise within us.

   Proverbs 3:5–6 reminds us to trust in the Lord with all our hearts and not lean entirely on our own understanding. We are called to acknowledge God in all our ways, and He will direct our paths.

   That means trusting God physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, financially, educationally, vocationally, and relationally. There is no area of life that is outside the reach of our trust in God.

Trust God More Than You Trust Yourself

   It is vital to learn to trust God more than we trust ourselves. There may be situations in which we do not trust our own judgment, emotions, strength, or ability to predict what will happen next. But God's trustworthiness is absolute.

   Human trust can increase or decrease. A person may lose our trust when they repeatedly fail to keep their word, or our trust may grow when they consistently demonstrate integrity. But God's character does not change. God is trustworthy because God is God.

   Sometimes people stop trusting God when their prayers are not answered in the way they expected. They prayed for one outcome, but something different happened. They expected immediate provision, but the provision was delayed. They expected a door to open, but the door remained closed.

   Trust, however, requires us to recognize that there may be a greater purpose and a higher plan beyond our present understanding.

Trusting God When You Cannot See the Answer

   Imagine waiting for something essential to fulfill an assignment—a provision that is needed for a church service or ministry event. The materials have been sent, but they are delivered to the wrong location or appear to be missing.

   You search. You ask questions. You check every possible door and window. Nothing seems to be working. The environment appears dark, silent, and unresponsive.

   Then you sense God's instruction: wait.

   Trusting God means obeying even when the circumstances do not seem to support the outcome you are believing for. It means standing firm when human interactions are complicated, answers are delayed, and the solution cannot yet be seen.

   Faith does not require you to see the provision before you trust the Provider.

   Sometimes the answer becomes visible only after we have learned to remain still, obedient, and confident in God's timing.

1. I Trust God With My Being

   The deepest level of trust is trusting God with your entire being.

   Rather than placing ultimate trust in people, systems, chariots, horses, possessions, or our own abilities, we can place ourselves completely in God's hands.

   The psalmist says, "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name." This is an invitation to trust God with everything that is within us.

   I trust God with my being. I trust Him with my mind, my emotions, my body, my dreams, my history, my future, my strengths, my weaknesses, my light, and even the areas of my life that I do not yet understand.

   God made me. God knows me. God understands me more completely than any human professional, friend, counselor, or family member ever could. Therefore, I can place my whole self into God's hands.

   Trusting God with your being means you do not have to carry the entire weight of your existence by yourself.

   You can trust God with all of you.

2. I Trust God With My Belongings

   I trust God with everything that belongs to me and everyone entrusted to me.

   We often find it easier to trust God with spiritual matters than with practical matters. We may say that we trust God, yet become overwhelmed with worry about our homes, vehicles, finances, possessions, family members, or future provisions.

   But trust means giving God access to every area of our lives. We can trust Him with our homes. We can trust Him with our vehicles. We can trust Him with our possessions, resources, provisions, and the things we value.

   This does not mean that we become careless with what God has entrusted to us. Stewardship still requires wisdom, responsibility, and action. But we do not have to live in constant fear of losing what we cannot ultimately control.

   Trust replaces the illusion of control with confidence in God's care.

   When we place our belongings in God's hands, we can manage what we have faithfully without allowing possessions to possess our peace.

3. I Trust God With My Battles

   I trust God with my battles.

   There are battles we are not equipped to win through human strength alone. There are conflicts that cannot be resolved through anger, manipulation, anxiety, or retaliation.

   Scripture reminds us that the battle belongs to the Lord. When we surrender our battles to God, we are not becoming passive; we are recognizing that God's wisdom, power, and timing are greater than our own.

   The weapons of our warfare are not merely physical or human. They are powerful through God for the pulling down of strongholds. Therefore, we can pray, obey, act wisely, and then allow God to handle what is beyond our control.

   Not every battle requires your anger. Not every accusation requires your response. Not every conflict requires you to prove yourself.

   Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do is hold your peace, follow God's instruction, and trust Him to work on your behalf.

   I trust God with the battles I understand and the battles I do not understand. I trust Him with the battles I can see and the battles I cannot see.

The Progression of Trust

   Trust operates across different dimensions of life. In this teaching, we can think of trust as a progression from what we face externally to who we are internally.

   First, I trust God with my battles. I do not have to fight every battle in my own strength.

   Second, I trust God with my belongings. I do not have to live in fear over the things God has entrusted to me.

   Third, I trust God with my being. I surrender my whole self to the One who created me, knows me, and loves me completely.

   As our trust deepens, our need to control everything can decrease. We begin to understand that surrender is not weakness. Surrender is an expression of confidence in God.

Conclusion: I Trust God

   Isaiah 31:6 calls us to return to God. At the heart of that invitation is relationship. Trust grows when we know the One in whom we are trusting.

   There is no need to carry every battle when you can trust God with your battles. There is no need to live consumed by worry over possessions when you can trust God with your belongings. And ultimately, there is no need to carry the entire weight of your life when you can trust God with your whole being.

   I trust God when I understand.

   I trust God when I do not understand.

   I trust God when the answer comes quickly.

   I trust God when I have to wait.

   I trust God with my being. I trust God with my belongings. I trust God with my battles.

   Whatever you are facing today, remember that your circumstances do not determine God's faithfulness. What you can see is not the whole story. What you understand is not the whole plan.

   Return to God. Rest in God. Trust God. And when you cannot see the way forward, remember that the God who knows the way is already there.

📖 Reflection: Which area is hardest for you to trust God with right now—your being, your belongings, or your battles?

💡 Action Step: Identify one situation you have been trying to control. Write it down, pray over it, and consciously surrender it to God today, trusting His wisdom, timing, and care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

  Why Me? God’s Glory (Romans 8:18) Why? That's a question often in our Souls. Why is this happening to me? Why am I having this experience? Why am I facing this health challenge? There's an answer! Why am I having these relationship challenges? There’s an answer, and it’s the same one. Why am I having this financial challenge? There’s an answer! There’s an answer to every question in your Soul, and the answer is glory. The reason for every experience in your life is so that God can get the glory. The purpose of all our challenges is not to bring us down but to transform us and bring glory to God. Why am I having this test, this trial, this tribulation? So God can get the glory. Why am I experiencing this persecution, this headache, this pain? So, God can get the glory. Why am I witnessing this miracle, sign, or wonder? So, God can get the glory. Why am I having this challenge in my local assembly, in my ministry, in my business, and in my organization? So God can get the...
The Sacred Sunday Posture:  Kneeling “ A man with leprosy came to him and begged him on his knees; if you are willing, you can make me clean (Mark 1:40).” In addition to bowing your heads and closing your eyes, many people learn to “get on your knees and pray.” Often, it’s at night before going to sleep. Parents instruct their children to kneel on the side of the bed and say their prayers. Perhaps you have fond memories of kneeling and reciting the Lord’s Prayer or the 23 rd Psalm. Or maybe you were taught, like me, “Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake. I pray the Lord, my soul, to take. God bless mommy, daddy...” Kneeling is a physical way to revere God as your Creator and remember that God is your Source. “Know that it is the Lord, who is God. It is he that has made us and not we ourselves. We are his people and the sheep of his pasture (Psalm 100:3).” Without reverencing and ...

Hidden Treasure: You Are a Vessel, Not Just an Instrument

I AM Not an Instrument. I AM a Vessel “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.” – 2 Corinthians 4:7 (KSB) Hidden in Plain Sight The image that Paul presents in 2 Corinthians 4 is that of a treasure hidden within an earthen vessel. In the Old Testament, people didn’t have locks, alarm systems, or cameras to protect their valuables. Instead, their belongings were often left exposed, making them vulnerable to thieves and robbers. To safeguard their most valuable treasures, they would hide them in jars of clay—earthen vessels—placing them in plain sight. A thief or robber would never think to look there because it wasn’t an obvious hiding place. Likewise, God has placed something valuable inside of you—a treasure of great worth. Yet, people often fail to see it. You may be right in front of them, but they don’t recognize your gifts, skills, talents, anointing, abilities, or sensitivities. You are hidden in plain sight bec...