Why Me? God’s Glory (Romans 8:18)

Why? That's a question often in our Souls. Why is this happening to me? Why am I having this experience? Why am I facing this health challenge? There's an answer! Why am I having these relationship challenges? There’s an answer, and it’s the same one. Why am I having this financial challenge? There’s an answer! There’s an answer to every question in your Soul, and the answer is glory. The reason for every experience in your life is so that God can get the glory. The purpose of all our challenges is not to bring us down but to transform us and bring glory to God.

Why am I having this test, this trial, this tribulation? So God can get the glory. Why am I experiencing this persecution, this headache, this pain? So, God can get the glory. Why am I witnessing this miracle, sign, or wonder? So, God can get the glory. Why am I having this challenge in my local assembly, in my ministry, in my business, and in my organization? So God can get the glory. Why is this a challenge in my family and my friendships? Why are there challenges in my job, neighborhood, and community? Why are we having this challenge? So God can get the glory. We are all united in our challenges, and it is in these moments that God's glory shines the brightest.

Why do we face challenges in the United States of America, on this continent, and in countries all over the earth? Why do we have these challenges? The answer is the same: so God can receive the glory. No matter the question or the circumstance, the answer is always one word: glory. Even Jesus on Calvary asked the question, "My God, my God, why?" It was so that God could receive the glory. There would be no resurrection or ascension if there were no crucifixion, death, or burial. God received the glory. The death and the burial brought about the glory of the resurrection and the ascension, for I am convinced that the suffering of this present time is not worthy to be compared with the glory that shall be revealed in us, through us, and as us.

Why? So that God can receive the glory. Some people have the wrong answer. They think they must have committed a sin, a transgression, an abomination because of sin. They believe that's why they are having this experience: because Somebody sinned, they sinned, their parent sinned, or it’s a generational curse. That’s what the disciples thought when the man was born blind. They asked, "Who sinned that this man was born blind? Was it him or his parents?" And Jesus said, "Neither." It has nothing to do with sin; it is all about the glory. The same is true for all our challenges, big or small, personal or global. The answer is always the same: so that God can receive the glory.

Stop beating yourself up with judgment, shame, condemnation, and guilt, thinking that’s why you are having this experience. No, it’s so that God can get the glory out of your story. Some people answer the question, "Why is this happening to me?" with a suffering consciousness. They believe they are supposed to suffer.

Some people mistakenly believe that suffering is their destiny. They think, "I am supposed to be sad. I am supposed to be poor. I am supposed to be abused and taken advantage of. I am supposed to be a doormat. I am just supposed to suffer." This is a modern mentality, but it’s not the truth. You may have experiences in life, but you are not a punching bag. Your life is not just about suffering. Your life is about God revealing His glory through your experiences. Let go of these misconceptions and embrace the hope that God's glory can shine through your life.

Some people think the reason why things are happening in their life is because of separation. They believe that they are separate from God, that they are separate from good, and therefore they are having this experience. They feel like God doesn’t love them, that they have done Something, said Something, or thought Something that is unforgivable. So, they believe they are separate from God and, therefore, have all these experiences in their life because God doesn’t love them. They think God loves Somebody else more than them, that God is trying to get them, that they are receiving the judgment of God, that they are under the wrath of God. Wrong answer! That is not it.

Whether joyful or challenging, every experience in your life is an opportunity for God to reveal His glory. This glory is the essence, the true nature, the deeper purpose of Something. You were created to glorify God, and when you gave your life to Christ, you said, "Here I am; get the glory out of my life." No matter what you go through, God will get glory out of your story. Even the parts of your story that you may find difficult to share, there is glory even in those gory details.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing Being & Birth Jesus, the King of the Kingdom

Prayer & Fasting