Skip to main content

I Need a Visual: Fortified City, Iron Pillar, and Bronze Wall

 

I Need a Visual – Jeremiah 1:18

   Jeremiah 1:18 declares, "Today I have made you a fortified city, an iron pillar, and a bronze wall." This powerful passage reveals one of the greatest spiritual practices: visioning and visualization. God gives a vision internally, and that vision must eventually become visible externally.

   One of the greatest spiritual practices is visioning and visualization. Internally, a person receives a vision. This is not seeing with physical eyes, but seeing with spiritual eyes, as people walk by faith and not by sight. God gives a vision, providing a big picture that a person sees internally before it manifests externally. After receiving a vision internally, a person writes the vision and makes the vision plain. Visualization takes the internal vision and gives it an external expression.

   A visual serves as a constant reminder of the vision. This is why people use logos, banners, layouts, architecture, vision boards, screensavers, and other visual representations. It is not enough simply to have a vision; the vision must be visualized. The vision is internal, while the visualization is external.

   Creating a vision board provides an external visual that reminds a person of what God has promised and what God has shown. When tests, trials, and tribulations arise, a person can return to that visual and remember the vision. A visual can be placed on a refrigerator, used as a phone screensaver, displayed on a computer, or positioned anywhere it can serve as a daily reminder.

   God called Jeremiah to be a prophet before Jeremiah was born. God knew, sanctified, and ordained Jeremiah. Jeremiah felt inadequate because he was young, but God touched Jeremiah's mouth and placed God's words in him. Jeremiah was then instructed to tear down, uproot, destroy, overthrow, build, and plant.

   Jeremiah's calling was no longer merely an internal vision or a private conversation between Jeremiah and God. He had to stand before kings, officials, priests, and the people. Because people bring their own humanity, opinions, reactions, and resistance into the process, Jeremiah needed something visible to remind him of who God had called him to be. Therefore, God gave Jeremiah three powerful visuals.

Firstly: I AM a Fortified City

   God declared to Jeremiah, "You are a fortified city." This visual represented strength, stability, wholeness, and divine protection. Regardless of what the kings, officials, priests, or people said, Jeremiah could stand.

   The fortified city connects with the spiritual declaration of I AM. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. A fortified city has walls, gates, foundations, buildings, and systems functioning together in divine order. Likewise, individuals can see themselves as whole, healthy, strong, beautiful, functional, and equipped to fulfill God's purpose.

   I AM a fortified city. I AM strong. I AM equipped. I AM capable of standing. I AM a whole expression of God's creation, with every part working together to fulfill what God has called me to do.

Secondly: I AM an Iron Pillar

   God also gave Jeremiah the visual of an iron pillar. This was not an ordinary column but an ironclad image of strength and stability. A pillar stands tall. It does not constantly lean, bend, or waver.

   When a person makes a decision to pursue optimal health, harmonious relationships, overflowing prosperity, spiritual growth, or any other God-given purpose, that decision must become firmly established. The battle may occur in the mind and soul, but a person can make up their mind to stand.

   The Scriptures instruct believers to stand with truth, righteousness, faith, peace, and the Word of God. Even when winds blow, earthquakes shake, or unexpected circumstances arise, the iron pillar remains standing.

   I AM an iron pillar. I AM capable of standing regardless of circumstances. I AM not controlled by every changing situation. I AM rooted, established, determined, and committed to fulfilling God's purpose.

Thirdly: I AM a Bronze Wall

   If the fortified city and iron pillar were not enough, God gave Jeremiah another visual: a bronze wall. Bronze represents strength, endurance, durability, and the ability to withstand intense conditions.

   The bronze wall represents a person who can go through the fire without being destroyed by it. Obstacles may arise, but they do not have the final word. Opposition may come, but it does not have to defeat the person who knows who they are.

   I AM a bronze wall. I AM refusing to be defeated. I AM determined to fulfill my vision, mission, goals, aspirations, and dreams. I AM persistent. I AM resilient. I AM not giving up on my destiny or calling.

   When negative thoughts, words, and actions come against a person, there is no need to fight every battle. A bronze wall simply stands. Negativity can hit the wall and bounce away. A resolute mind does not have to absorb everything that comes toward it.

The Power of a Spiritual Visual

   Sometimes a person simply needs a visual. God gave Jeremiah three powerful images so that he could remain conscious of his true identity while dealing with kings, officials, priests, and the people.

   The fortified city reminds you that you are whole, strong, and equipped. The iron pillar reminds you to stand firm and refuse to waver. The bronze wall reminds you that adversity does not have to defeat you.

   Vision and visualization work together. The vision is what you see within, while the visual is what continually reminds you of what you see. When challenges arise, return to the image. When doubt appears, return to the image. When circumstances contradict the promise, return to the image.

   Hold a vision of who you are as God's beloved offspring. See yourself standing in divine purpose. See yourself healthy, whole, strong, prosperous, peaceful, loving, and available for God's use. The vision is coming to pass, and at the appointed time, it will speak and will not lie.

Conclusion

   Jeremiah needed a visual, and sometimes you need one too. God gave Jeremiah the visual of a fortified city, an iron pillar, and a bronze wall to strengthen his consciousness and remind him of his divine identity.

   You can carry these same spiritual images within your consciousness. I AM a fortified city. I AM an iron pillar. I AM a bronze wall. I AM strong enough to stand, equipped to fulfill my purpose, and resilient enough to move through every challenge without abandoning my vision.

"Today I have made you a fortified city, an iron pillar, and a bronze wall." – Jeremiah 1:18

📖 Reflection: What visual can you create or keep before you that reminds you of who God has called you to be and the vision you are committed to fulfilling?

💡 Action Step: Create a simple vision board, image, affirmation card, or screensaver featuring the words: I AM a Fortified City. I AM an Iron Pillar. I AM a Bronze Wall. Look at it daily and allow the visual to reinforce your faith, identity, strength, and purpose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

  Why Me? God’s Glory (Romans 8:18) Why? That's a question often in our Souls. Why is this happening to me? Why am I having this experience? Why am I facing this health challenge? There's an answer! Why am I having these relationship challenges? There’s an answer, and it’s the same one. Why am I having this financial challenge? There’s an answer! There’s an answer to every question in your Soul, and the answer is glory. The reason for every experience in your life is so that God can get the glory. The purpose of all our challenges is not to bring us down but to transform us and bring glory to God. Why am I having this test, this trial, this tribulation? So God can get the glory. Why am I experiencing this persecution, this headache, this pain? So, God can get the glory. Why am I witnessing this miracle, sign, or wonder? So, God can get the glory. Why am I having this challenge in my local assembly, in my ministry, in my business, and in my organization? So God can get the...
The Sacred Sunday Posture:  Kneeling “ A man with leprosy came to him and begged him on his knees; if you are willing, you can make me clean (Mark 1:40).” In addition to bowing your heads and closing your eyes, many people learn to “get on your knees and pray.” Often, it’s at night before going to sleep. Parents instruct their children to kneel on the side of the bed and say their prayers. Perhaps you have fond memories of kneeling and reciting the Lord’s Prayer or the 23 rd Psalm. Or maybe you were taught, like me, “Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake. I pray the Lord, my soul, to take. God bless mommy, daddy...” Kneeling is a physical way to revere God as your Creator and remember that God is your Source. “Know that it is the Lord, who is God. It is he that has made us and not we ourselves. We are his people and the sheep of his pasture (Psalm 100:3).” Without reverencing and ...

Hidden Treasure: You Are a Vessel, Not Just an Instrument

I AM Not an Instrument. I AM a Vessel “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.” – 2 Corinthians 4:7 (KSB) Hidden in Plain Sight The image that Paul presents in 2 Corinthians 4 is that of a treasure hidden within an earthen vessel. In the Old Testament, people didn’t have locks, alarm systems, or cameras to protect their valuables. Instead, their belongings were often left exposed, making them vulnerable to thieves and robbers. To safeguard their most valuable treasures, they would hide them in jars of clay—earthen vessels—placing them in plain sight. A thief or robber would never think to look there because it wasn’t an obvious hiding place. Likewise, God has placed something valuable inside of you—a treasure of great worth. Yet, people often fail to see it. You may be right in front of them, but they don’t recognize your gifts, skills, talents, anointing, abilities, or sensitivities. You are hidden in plain sight bec...