Spoken I AMs

Read – John 6:53-70

Scripture: It is the Spirit that gives life, not the flesh. The words
that I speak, they are spirit, and they are life (John 6:63).”

Denial: “There is no limit to who I can be.”

Affirmation: “Everything that Jesus Christ said about himself, I can
say about myself.”

Jesus, our Wayshower, understood the power of his words. Therefore, he made a conscious decision to speak life. When Jesus said the words, I AM, he meant what he said. He was declaring his divine nature and the truth of his being. When we see Jesus as our Wayshower, it brings our attention to the truth that everything that Jesus said about himself, we can say about ourselves. Every I AM statement that Jesus made in the scriptures we can declare about ourselves.

There are seven recorded instances where Jesus actually begins a statement with the words, I AM. I AM the Bread of Life (John 6:35). I AM the Light of the World (John 9:5). I AM the Good Shepherd (John 10:11-14). I AM the Door (John 10:19). I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life (John 14:6). I AM the True Vine (John 15:1). I AM Resurrection and the Life (John 11:25).

It is amazing that all of these instances are found in the book of John. According to Charles Fillmore, the co-founder of the Unity Movement, the disciple, John, represents love. When we operate in
love, we are always empowered to speak and manifest the power of God. “Every person who loves, knows God for God is love (I John 4:18).”

Reflection Question: Which I AM statement resonates most
with you? Why

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yes!