Skip to main content

 

Scripture, Denial and Affirmation

Read – Luke 4:1-13
Scripture: “Beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith,
praying in the Spirit (Jude 1:20).”

Denial: “I will not tear myself down.”

Affirmation: “I consciously choose to build my self-image, self
esteem, and self-worth.”

Building consciousness through scripture, denials, and affirmations is a daily spiritual practice that develops your soul (mind, emotions, intellect, will) over time. Scripture is the Timeless Truth that has been
spoken, recorded, written, and translated over time. Denials renounce that which you do not desire. They do not deny the existence of external factors, but they deny their power over you (I John 4:4). Affirmations are the individualization of the truth. It is powerfully speaking the good desires of your heart.

Jesus’ experience in the wilderness is a perfect example of the use of scripture, denials, and affirmations. Each time his lower level of consciousness, his devil, presented him with something that was not
the divine and the perfect, he quoted scripture and said, “It is written.” Jesus consistently used his words to deny and to resist the temptation to succumb to his ego. He constantly spoke words that
affirmed his relationship with God and all the rights and privileges that accompanied it.
Your speech is evidence of where you are in your consciousness. No one else can build your consciousness but you. It is your consciousness. You have a right to speak. You also have a choice of
the source of your words. You control whether you speak from the super-consciousness, the sense consciousness, or the subconsciousness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Treasure: You Are a Vessel, Not Just an Instrument

I AM Not an Instrument. I AM a Vessel “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.” – 2 Corinthians 4:7 (KSB) Hidden in Plain Sight The image that Paul presents in 2 Corinthians 4 is that of a treasure hidden within an earthen vessel. In the Old Testament, people didn’t have locks, alarm systems, or cameras to protect their valuables. Instead, their belongings were often left exposed, making them vulnerable to thieves and robbers. To safeguard their most valuable treasures, they would hide them in jars of clay—earthen vessels—placing them in plain sight. A thief or robber would never think to look there because it wasn’t an obvious hiding place. Likewise, God has placed something valuable inside of you—a treasure of great worth. Yet, people often fail to see it. You may be right in front of them, but they don’t recognize your gifts, skills, talents, anointing, abilities, or sensitivities. You are hidden in plain sight bec...
  Why Me? God’s Glory (Romans 8:18) Why? That's a question often in our Souls. Why is this happening to me? Why am I having this experience? Why am I facing this health challenge? There's an answer! Why am I having these relationship challenges? There’s an answer, and it’s the same one. Why am I having this financial challenge? There’s an answer! There’s an answer to every question in your Soul, and the answer is glory. The reason for every experience in your life is so that God can get the glory. The purpose of all our challenges is not to bring us down but to transform us and bring glory to God. Why am I having this test, this trial, this tribulation? So God can get the glory. Why am I experiencing this persecution, this headache, this pain? So, God can get the glory. Why am I witnessing this miracle, sign, or wonder? So, God can get the glory. Why am I having this challenge in my local assembly, in my ministry, in my business, and in my organization? So God can get the...
The Sacred Sunday Posture:  Kneeling “ A man with leprosy came to him and begged him on his knees; if you are willing, you can make me clean (Mark 1:40).” In addition to bowing your heads and closing your eyes, many people learn to “get on your knees and pray.” Often, it’s at night before going to sleep. Parents instruct their children to kneel on the side of the bed and say their prayers. Perhaps you have fond memories of kneeling and reciting the Lord’s Prayer or the 23 rd Psalm. Or maybe you were taught, like me, “Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake. I pray the Lord, my soul, to take. God bless mommy, daddy...” Kneeling is a physical way to revere God as your Creator and remember that God is your Source. “Know that it is the Lord, who is God. It is he that has made us and not we ourselves. We are his people and the sheep of his pasture (Psalm 100:3).” Without reverencing and ...