Kneeling In Prayer

 A man with leprosy came to him and begged him on his knees; if you are willing, you can make me clean (Mark 1:40).”

In addition to bowing your heads and closing your eyes, many people learn to “get on your knees and pray.” Often, it’s at night before going to sleep. Parents instruct their children to kneel on the side of the bed and say their prayers. Perhaps you have fond memories of kneeling and reciting the Lord’s Prayer or the 23rd Psalm. Or maybe you were taught, like me, “Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake. I pray the Lord, my soul, to take. God bless mommy, daddy…”

Kneeling is a physical way to revere God as your Creator and remember that God is your Source. “Know that it is the Lord, who is God. It is he that has made us and not we ourselves. We are his people and the sheep of his pasture (Psalm 100:3).” Without reverencing and remembering, kneeling is a powerless religious ritual.

Kneeling is not just a physical activity, but a soulful action that strengthens your resolve of the Truth. “For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God (Romans 14:11).” When you bend your knees in prayer, sickness, pain, and disease must kneel in subjection to wholeness, healing, and health. When you bend your knees in prayer any toxic relationships or ways of relating must kneel in subjection to love, joy, peace and harmony in all your relationships. When you bend your knees in prayer, lack, limitation, sacristy or poverty and must kneel in subjection to increase, abundance, overflow, and more than enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog